The last time I took my bisque beads out of the kiln, I discovered that I had forgotten to insert a stringing hole into a tiny bird I had formed. Today I took that bird and two pieces of clay and made a small mold from it.
I also took 5 pattern greenware stamps that I created and tested them out. I liked three and didn’t like two of them. So back into the recycled clay bag those two went.
I was going to glaze fire today but I actually forgot. I was sitting on my couch sipping coffee. Then I was printing out postage and double checking packages and sealing them up. By the time I looked up, morning was gone. It’s a 12 hour firing and I don’t want to be up at midnight. Tomorrow!
Can't wait to see your birds up close once you finish!
Oooo…that mold is in the kiln today. I am excited to be able to play with it. I hope it has enough detail and looks like a bird, lol. 🙂
Echo Sharyl, I am SO curious re the birds!
So the mold was not so much as a great success as a great experiment. Half of the bird came out cute and the other half with no detail. I took another mold and hope to have more success next time. If it works, though, it will be super cute I think.
Must show us the "after" photos when you have some! 🙂